A few days ago Jane reassured me by telling me, "Mom I know you are going to be sad and miss me, but mom I am going to learn great things. I am going to read more, do art, have P.E., math, do science experiments, and make friends.
Mom there is just no place like Kindergarten." 
So this morning at 8:40 when she boarded the bus so begins our year of Kindergarten and our life with kids in school all day. I was brave for Jane at the bus, but cried when we got inside- happy tears.

Kate was sad when Jane got on the bus and she didn't.
Bruce also got to start one of his preschools today. On Mondays and Wednesdays he's going to a really fun preschool the city is doing and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays he'll do a home preschool co-op with some of my friends and I.

"Bruce-yell 'preschool!'"

SO EXCITED to start!
We'll still keep busy and we are REALLY enjoying the 80 degree weather we're still having- sunshine!
Wish us luck!
11 comments:
Congrats! Awesome job in going to kindergarten Jane.
How exciting. They both looked so ready to go. What a fun time.
p.s. we got the pictures thanks!
I love how Jane has been so excited to start kindergarten for the past 6 months! She is adorable!
What a perfect kindergartener-boarding-the-big-yellow-school-bus picture! I love how the kids always try to comfort the parents about the life-changing adventures they embark upon. Jane's so cute!
~AmyJ
First Day of School!! That is a big deal! Way to be brave Jane (and Mom).
Now I think you've done the hardest growing up step until Jane turns 16. What a survivor!!
Jane is in kindergarten, and Bruce is in preschool?! Man, you guys are growing so fast!
The bus is just as fun as school I'm sure! How fun for Jane. And what kind of adventures do mama and baby Kate get to have while the kids are in school? What a fun time for your kids. Miss you!
-Jessica
Cute happy tears. We are getting old huh!! I love the bus pictures but I won't show Josh!! He would be majorly jealous since he is convinced you have to be 7 to ride the bus. Cute Bruce pictures too and sorry Kate couldn't go. Man you will have an empty house for a while- except crazy Kate.
I think that the headline for the national news today should have been FUTURE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD STARTS KINDERGARTEN - Brother right behind in Preschool!!! Congrats to you all.
Love, Mom
we love jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how cute, there is no place like kindergarten! well thats a good attitude to start off with :) i think i willl cry too haha
Post a Comment