Saturday, January 17, 2009

Haircut and "Kisses"

This week went fast & it was freezing (single digits.)
I started running again- thanks Alexis- and that's been great.
Preschool was fun, playgroup was fun, and today we had another baby party here that was fun too!
Kate got a haircut on Wednesday morning- Oh Katie I wish you were here to have cut it. It's cute, just don't look too close. It will all grow again right?

Jane wanted to take pictures of our pet fish "kisses" to show her bus driver so I found this on the camera.

Also Food Storage seems to be on my mind right now and thanks to Tara for her blog entry. My friend Liz also put this site on her blog for all you who live near Maceys, Smiths, etc...
It's www.myfoodstoragedeals.com
(Liz- so happy for you and you're beautiful children)

*Also I've continued doing the challenge this week and it's been great to have so much fruit and vegetables put back into our meals. Tonight I had this and it was delicious!
Two Bean Vegetarian Chili
Two-Bean Vegetarian Chili

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 can (14. 5 ounces) stewed tomatoes in juice
  • 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (19 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
  • Lime wedges for serving
  • Directions
  • In a Dutch oven or 5-quart saucepan with a lid, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add squash, bell pepper, and chile powder; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
  • Stir in tomatoes and their juice, breaking them up with a spoon; add chickpeas, black beans, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, partially cover, and cook until lightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
  • Season with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining cilantro and spoon into serving bowls. Serve with lime wedges.

5 comments:

amy said...

kate is beautiful no matter what her hair looks like! also, it looks fine to me.

smithfieldman said...

It looks pretty good too!

Steph Ingram said...

So cute!! To think, we have never even met your littlest one!! Crazy. It has been too long Eliza! Ok, that recipe on your blog looks so good. I will have to try to make it when I start cooking again. Hmm, I guess that could mean once baby #3 comes. Poor Greg! Anyway, I love you and miss you tons....you are still such an inspiration to me!
Love, Steph

Katie said...

The hair cut looks great! Hows Kate liking nursery?

malia said...

ooooh! that looks yummy! and i wish that i was as cool as you. i think that you are doing so many great things all the time! oh, i need to take lessons from you!