Sunday, August 4, 2013

July Trip Part 4: Capital Reef/ Goblin Valley & Friends

On Monday, July 22nd my parents and sisters and lots of  kids all went on a little trip.  
We drove south to Capitol Reef to go hiking.



 
 
 Dad got us all hotel rooms and so we slept and SWAM in Torrey. The next morning we packed/ filled lots of water bottles and headed to Goblin Valley: 
Bruce was in heaven- he could run and jump and climb on as many rocks as he wanted to! 
 We hiked the width of it, one side:

 My sister in law Kim is in the pink shirt- I love her and her little girls :)         Other side-

Andrew and his buddy James-  (thanks for driving Andrew!)

I LOVE MY SISTERS!! 
 We also got to go hiking in Wild Horse Canyon:

                              My dad and girls

 James loved playing in the sand.

1 comment:

Kara said...

So much fun! Looks like we traded coasts for the month of July. :) I miss that red dirt... We stopped briefly in Niagara on our way home but never even made it to Buffalo. I meant to call but got lost in the road of good intentions. We were traveling with our own young ones plus our Lithuanian friends and their two young daughters, so it was pure chaos. Lovely, but chaos.