Yesterday we spent most of the day in beautiful Palmyra, NY.
The drive there was so pretty with many of the leaves turning beautiful colors.
The Temple:
(http://www.lds.org/temples/main/0,11204,1912-1-113-0,00.html)
Here is a picture of how happy EVERYONE was to be at the temple. (Jane and Bruce were so upset that we were going to walk around- oh boy, cranky- Jane wouldn't turn around) :

Mommy and Kate:

Bruce and the Sacred Grove in the background:

B and Jane:

While living in Utah I often heard how we really needed to take advantage of going to the temple only having it 5 minutes away- so true! This morning we got up, fed, dressed, packed lunches, toys, etc... and left about 8:30 to drive to Palmyra. We arrived around 10:00, walked around the temple and then drove to the nearby church. I fed Kate and we got the kids set up in this little room where 20 other children would soon join them while their parents also went to the temple. (Kate slept almost the entire time we were gone-whew!)
We got back to the church around 1:15 got the kids, cleaned up the toys, drove somewhere to eat and then drove back home arriving around 4:00. I know that compared to many places around the nation and world we have it easy and I was grateful to go, but I will be sure to take advantage of times when the temple is close in the future.
Here is a picture of how happy EVERYONE was to be at the temple. (Jane and Bruce were so upset that we were going to walk around- oh boy, cranky- Jane wouldn't turn around) :
Mommy and Kate:
Bruce and the Sacred Grove in the background:
B and Jane:
While living in Utah I often heard how we really needed to take advantage of going to the temple only having it 5 minutes away- so true! This morning we got up, fed, dressed, packed lunches, toys, etc... and left about 8:30 to drive to Palmyra. We arrived around 10:00, walked around the temple and then drove to the nearby church. I fed Kate and we got the kids set up in this little room where 20 other children would soon join them while their parents also went to the temple. (Kate slept almost the entire time we were gone-whew!)
We got back to the church around 1:15 got the kids, cleaned up the toys, drove somewhere to eat and then drove back home arriving around 4:00. I know that compared to many places around the nation and world we have it easy and I was grateful to go, but I will be sure to take advantage of times when the temple is close in the future.
7 comments:
Oh! That is such a "happy family" picture. I love it! :) You're right! Traveling to get to the temple can be a pain. I'm lucky there there is one right here in the middle of the city! It was a pain having to go to Boston or DC before the temple was here.
Okay, Kate is so your child! She looks just like your baby pictures (Liza). She also has the sweetest little worried "don't put me down or Bruce will get me" look on her face. I can't wait to see her (and the rest of you) soon.
Brent and I love the family picture!
So cute, what a fun trip, but it does make me grateful to have the temple so close. And yet we haven't been in a while, YIKES! We need to set a date and go soon.
A great reminder to take advantage of the temples around us. Thanks! Cute family pictures. I love upstate New York this time of year. I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves.
-Jessica
P.S. Have you been able to get in contact with our long lost friend, Kim? The email address I have for her doesn't work anymore.
P.P.S. I made strawberry freezer jam the other day and thought of you the whole time. *sniff sniff*
Cute family.
New LWL.
Hey guys, I did make it to the mission reunion. Now i'm packing to leave to Germany tomorrow for 8 days.
I hope things are going well for you!
Trent Perry
Post a Comment