Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Snow in Buffalo- Sort of...

Today Jane didn't have preschool so we all headed to Rochester to meet our friends at the Children's museum. We had a great time (a wonderful lunch) and when we left the weather looked like this:
The leaves really are so beautiful now with lots of gold and red.

Then driving home it started snowing-A LOT. Thank goodness for my Utah snow driving know how. It took us 2 hours going a maximum of 30 mph (and lots of prayers-we saw many cars off the road) to get home. Jane kept singing "The weather outside is frightful," and kept asking if it was Christmas Eve because of the snow.
When we got off the interstate into our town Jane was so excited to go play in all the snow at our house. But, we soon found out that there was NO snow here. Really, not that I'm complaining but there isn't a single bit. So I took a picture on the snow of our car to show you that it really did snow a lot.
So now we're home, happy, eating popcorn, drinking hot chocolate, and watching a movie we got from the library.
Baby Kate and Baby M
Princess Jane on the bridge at the museum.

6 comments:

BFR said...

I can't believe that I missed the first snow!!

Melissa said...

Wow New York is GORGEOUS!!! Holy cow- that is the most beautiful fall picture ever! and YOU are the most beautiful Miller sister ever (don't tell Jo) Hee Hee. Kate looks SO happy and cute I can't WAIT to see her! Crazy snow too- yikes! That looks really crazy and it is only November. I'll take Oklahoma's winters any day.

Beth schell said...

Yikes... snow already! Texas is quite snow free I hear. That's why I'm looking forward to the holidays in Utah!

ashley g. said...

Absolutely beautiful. Leaves don't change like that here. Having serious leaf-envy... enjoy!

smithfieldman said...

It sort of snowed here too, at least it already snowed on the mountain. So the snow that was melted in August is back again.

malia said...

I LOVE that Kate was singing "oh the weather outside is frightful!" that is so cute to me! And wow! You got some snow up there?! That is crazy. I'm freezing down here in the city, so you must be cold too! I guess I should shut the window, but I know that the second I do, the building will turn the heat on and I will roast. Yep, that's right. I don't control my own heat. Boo!