My younger brother Jeff called us last night to tell us the sad new that our prophet Gordon B Hinckley had passed away. I remember seeing him speak at BYU upon a few occasions and being there with him was a great strength to my testimony. Here is a wonderful article about him:http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/
One of my favorite quotes of him that has helped me is simple, but I love it:
"We have nothing to fear and everything to gain. God is at the helm. "
One of my favorite quotes of him that has helped me is simple, but I love it:
"We have nothing to fear and everything to gain. God is at the helm. "
3 comments:
It's bitter sweet. I know he lived a long good life and was probably ready to go home. At the same time I am sad to not be able to hear him speak, or lead our church.
Yep he was a great man.
It was really cool to see your blog. I often wonder about people from BYU. Congrats on number 3. She is really cute. The older 2 are so much bigger since I last saw them. Did I read that you live in New York? What are you all doing out there? You have a cute family!
Love,
Sherri Ziemer
Post a Comment