Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Chair

Story: Yesterday I took the kids to a park while B was getting the roof ready for new shingles. On our way home we saw a sign for a BARN SALE. I thought it would be fun so we stopped. They had lots of awesome stuff, a lot of it was really old and cool.
Bruce walked by a little chair with Jane and Jane told him it was a potty. Bruce decided to try it out I guess and went potty in it. Everyone there (which wasn't many) thought it was hilarious and were all laughing.
So $10 later we bought the chair and the nice woman running the sale also threw in this cool old window.

A HUGE THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL, KIND, FRIENDS THAT HELPED US PUT OUR NEW ROOF ON TODAY! It looks SOOOOO good!
I also got these 2 white plank chairs at the barn sale to go with 2 other chairs I thought were pretty cool.

12 comments:

Jensen Family said...

gotta love those nice cheap buys you come across huh?! nothing better!!! cute! :)

JoandDoug said...

Look at you little miss country shopper! I love the chairs! It'd be cute to put a plant or flower or something in the potty chair (or Bruce can just go potty in it). I love your window too! Now we all have one!

The Davies Family said...

I'm so jealous!! I love that window! I HAD an old window I bought in Logan but we left it in Utah..its probably been thrown away by now, it was in my sister-in-laws garage and they are moving. Dang! Next time... I will have to go with you

ang said...

Paul was laughing so hard when I told him the story of the potty chair!! HILARIOUS!

gantrieb said...

Do you lend out the potty chair, I could use it for G.....;)

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Who is that really good looking guy on your roof? :0)

Naoma said...

So funny!! Boys will be boys... But you sure ended up with some cute stuff!!

Kim said...

I love those old windows! We have a couple of them and I need to work of hanging them in our house.

Katie said...

I love a good yard sale. And Bruce cracks us up!

amy said...

i love that brucie!

ashley g. said...

What a steal! I'm glad your cute little kiddos could assist you in purchasing your newest little potty! Heck- I'd think it was a potty too- good work Bruce. We are truly impressed. :)

Meg said...

A girl after my own heart, gotta love a sale...barn,yard,garage, all kinds! Oh and happy birthday too in four, days Eliza?!