Hey- before all you tree lovers get all angry with me let me explain.

We had this really tall pine tree in our back yard and since 3 of our neighbors pine trees got uprooted with the last wind storm we thought it would be good to get ours taken out before it took our our neighbors home. Plus it only had branches growing on one side.

The "tree guys" came this morning, one of them climbed it and cut it down, another came and ground the stump, and then they let B keep the big pieces of trunk. We are going to put in 2 more garden boxes where the tree was an a strawberry tower. It's good.
Pictures from Memorial Day:


In the morning while some VERY kind friends came over to help B roof again, I took the kids to meet some friends at a cemetery to place flags on some tombstones.

We've also been having fun at the park and Baby Kate loves swinging" in her new shoes.


Today Bruce also discovered that when you squeeze a water bottle it does this... so fun!

Bruce also graduated from pre- pre-preschool (her still has 2 years until Kindergarten) today and we'll post that later.
6 comments:
yay! we want to chop down a big ol' pine tree in our yard too so we can put in some garden boxes. we got some estimates though and it was pretty pricy! (maybe because it has branches on all sides...)
;)
Bruce,
Way to go on graduating from preschool... Brooklyn just did the same, although she refused to have a picture taken with her mortar board cap!
I must say, I never actually got to graduate from anything until high school (by the way Brad, happy 10-year reunion!); I can't decide whether to feel jealous or count myself lucky. Here's hoping the commencement address at your preschool graduation wasn't too dull and that it was followed by a snack.
You guys have been busy...graduations, holidays and cutting down trees!!
I'm glad Brad got to keep some of the wood- it will be great to see what he can come up with to build from it- what a great memory! I love Kates cute shoes- how fun!! And Swinging is the best. I TOLD you roofing takes FOREVER!! Are you guys done yet??
Good job on all the stuff you accomplished. Now you know Brad has a habit of throwing strawberries at people...
Cute pictures, fun activities, and I'm not mad at you for taking that tree down. I bet it lived a completely full life and was ready to return to heaven. :)
Post a Comment