Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carving Jack O Lanterns and the race

For Family Night we carved our pumpkins.
(Skittle, stars, batman, witch/house)
We had a great time. Kate helped me eat lots of Halloween M&M's so we could carve ours with a star cookie cutter.

Jane carved a witch and a house-
she liked the pumpkin guts, Bruce wouldn't touch them.

Bruce carved Batman

Brad made a Skittle

We also went to the first of many Halloween parties this week
Kate is Little Red Riding Hood- lots more costumes to come.
* Last Saturday I ran another 5 K with six other amazing women. Here is our after picture:Did I mention it was cold and rainy the whole time- we were all soaked, I was dying.
I like this picture because we all look great and because of Brad in the background

12 comments:

Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

Oh so cute!! Looks like you had fun carving. Kate looks so cute in her costume. Oh, and you're amazing what with all the runnin' and all! Good job. Happy Halloween (it makes me miss you).
~Kelley

JoandDoug said...

Thanks for carving the S for Sophia. She really appreciated it. It was fun to play "Where's Brad?" too.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Wow those are some nice looking pumpkins! Mine just have triangle eyes and a circle mouth! Great job on your race! I wish I could have joined you!

ang said...

Wow - you guys really go the extra mile with the pumpkin carving.

Good job on not carving yours until right before Halloween. Ours are all shriveled up and on the verge of molding...Happy Halloween!

Katie said...

Cute pumpkins and way to go on another 5k!

Melissa said...

Wow- what great pumpkins! Bruce sure is a great carver- thanks for the tip on the cookie cutters what a great idea! What a great race!! How come you aren't wearing orange?? Sorry you got soaked, but way to run anyway!

smithfieldman said...

Nice pumpkin carving skills!
But I have to ask whatever happened to two triangle eyes and a crooked mouth?

Scott said...

It looks to me like Brad is doing the batman and not the skittle. I'm surprised you don't let Bruce use the knife. They look awesome.

Mugs said...

Sign me up for the next race! I'm serious! But you have to give me a few months notice.

You have such beautiful kids, Eliza.

B said...

Those pumpkins are great! Brad is pretty funny in that post-running picture. Happy Halloween!

Meg said...

You are the woman! Way to go 5K! And of course the kiddos are darling! Miss you'all!

Sharise said...

Fantastic pumpkins!! We had a pumpkin carving contest this year and had so much fun. It looks like you guys had a blast!