A few weeks ago I went running with some friends and we were talking about "after school snacks." One of them said that they made some no-bake cookies for her family and they loved them. My friend Amy also made them that week and said she felt a little better because they have oatmeal in them and she used organic peanut butter- good job! So I decided I'd make some for Jane. Growing up we called these cookies Johnny Peters- the name of the person who first made them for us. Here's the recipe:
In a medium saucepan mix
1 stick margarine,
2 cups sugar,
1/2 cup milk,
and 3 T cocoa.
Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes. Add 1 t vanilla.
Take off heat. Stir in
3/4 cup peanut butter
and 3 cups oatmeal.
Stir and drop by spoonfuls onto Saran Wrap.
(You can also add nuts, raisins, etc... )
In a medium saucepan mix
1 stick margarine,
2 cups sugar,
1/2 cup milk,
and 3 T cocoa.
Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes. Add 1 t vanilla.
Take off heat. Stir in
3/4 cup peanut butter
and 3 cups oatmeal.
Stir and drop by spoonfuls onto Saran Wrap.
(You can also add nuts, raisins, etc... )
Jane loved them!
5 comments:
How funny I just made these!!! There the best!
You know what else has oatmeal in it? Oatmeal.
But look who's talking, I had a nutritious meal tonight of nachos and a M&M shake.
mmmm,yummy!
I think I'm going to have to try them again. I haven't made them for ages, but I bet my kids (maybe even G if I'm lucky) will love them
No-bakes are a personal favorite. Ever since we arrived in France I've been craving them. After five weeks I finally found a store that sells oatmeal (who would have thought oatmeal would be hard to find?) and bought two boxes. Then I remembered that the recipe also calls for peanut butter. After a little more searching I located a practically-microscopic jar of Skippy that cost almost 6 euros.
I guess at 6 euros a tablespoon for peanut butter, no-bakes may have to wait till we get back to the states.
Post a Comment