Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trip to the Carolina's

Last weekend James and I took a quick trip to visit 5 of my nieces. (They live right near the border of South and North Carolina so we spent time in both. )
1. This sweetheart is so nice and we had a fun time playing petshops and she showed me her sillybands:
2. This beautiful "bubs" swam, played with James and made me laugh all the time
3. This cutie is such a nice girl who played with me, taught me some Japanese"obachan" (aunt), and we had a great trip to the airport together. (she just licked a lemon)
4. I love this brown eyed girl. She is a new little walker and let James share her highchair:These two were our family's 2009 babies

5. Here's my newest niece
(Getting ready for the blessing)
My brother Derik and his "wet" family
My brother Stuart and his wife (+ Bubs)
My brothers in the same photo- we got a better one of us all together, but my camera had died. I'll post it when I get it from them.
Love this playroom!!

Do you see James?Here he is:
This sign is so fun..
James had a great time with meeting so many new people and playing with new toys:Saying "goodbye" :)
While we were gone B took the kids to a fun kid's run on Saturday morning:
THANK YOU Kim & Derik for letting us stay with you and all the great meals. Thank you Stu & Hiromi for the fun Saturday trip, delicious Japanese dinner, and all the love you showed to us. We hope to see you again soon!

7 comments:

Ann said...

What fun. It's always nice to visit family. If only they lived closer.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

What a great mini trip!

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys already. Glad you got back safely. Thanks for sharing the fun pics. I'll send you more if I can find them.

Gruwells said...

So glad you had such a fun trip...and a fun birthday! I'll be there Saturday to give you a birthday hug myself!

JoandDoug said...

So fun! I can't believe how beautiful all those girls are! I can't wait to meet sweet Erin and Emily. I saw an article in Time yesterday about how some schools are banning Silly Bandz. I guess I've heard of them now. They seem a little weird but I'm not 7!

darcy damstedt said...

Very fun

Jason said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Come to think of it, we were down in the Smokey Mountains right on the border of North Carolina about the same time you were in Charlotte. Go South!

Your kids are growing up so fast. Wish we were moving closer so that our youngsters could get together and play. Come and visit us anytime!