Saturday, October 2, 2010

Family Fest at Dad's work!

This morning/afternoon we went here:and we got to see some really cool demonstrations:
*Watch a robot play chess
* Learned how sound waves are generated and how they are used to achieve cooling and cryogenic refrigeration
* Filled a balloon with Heliox Medipure mixture
*Optical microscopy on common objects
* Model building using Tygon tubes and colored nodes.
*Isostaic pressing demo:
(they shrunk these styrofoam cups we colored)

We ate lunch and Jane got to be in the game show:
The firemen were there doing demostrationsand we all got a pumpkin!
Fun day at dad's work :)
Tonight we made doughnuts "for priesthood session"
(Nutella, cinnamon sugar, and powdered sugar flower doughnuts)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great day for your kids!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh man! If I had a dime for every time I filled a balloon with Heliox Medipure mixture....

:o)

It does look like such a fun time at Dad's work! I can't believe Bruce can lift that pumpkin and I canNOT believe that Jane looks so old. Where did that little girl go???

Miss you guys!
-Jessica

gantrieb said...

Looks like so much fun! Your kiddos are getting so big.

Gruwells said...

How fun that they do all that at Brad's work! Even though I don't understand half of the big words! :) Wish I could have made doughnuts with you....