Saturday, June 16, 2007

Babies and Battles...

On Thursday we attended a "Siblings Class" at the hospital where Kate will be born. It was a fun class for the kids where they got to practice holding baby dolls, changing them, and got to go on a tour of the maternity floor. They were the youngest in the class, and did a great job.


Bruce giving baby kisses. Here is Jane with her certificate:













Today we went to the Amherst Museum for "Civil War Day."
It was pretty cool. They reenacted a battle and Bruce was really into it.


Jane was not. She said, "I did not like the Civil War. There were too many guns and it was too loud."

After the battle we got to go visit a lot of old homes, the blacksmith shop, schools, and churches- kind of a Pioneer Museum experience. Jane got to practice making butter:
Since someone awesome told me that I needed to comment more on my blog, I'm working on it. It was a fun experience for Brad and I to see lots of people walking around in their Confederate and Federal clothes. Brad recently read a book titled "Confederates in the Attic" and he said all these people were "farb." On August 18th there will be the Annual Scottish Festival at the Amherst museum for all of you who want to start booking your tickets now.

*Also a BIG congrats to our friends in Texas on the arrival of their adorable big boy. (I'm pretty sure Kate is already that big and I've still got lots of time to go. Party!)

And Finally...
One more picture of how I found Bruce this morning after not hearing him for a while. He had put on his roller blades by himself and was practicing hockey!
(He's also wearing his new favorite red bulldozer sweatshirt)

3 comments:

Julia said...

thanks! We can't wait to see baby Kate...hopefully she's not that big :)

smithfieldman said...

Bruce you are awesome. You need to watch the Mighty Ducks if you haven't already.
Liza new Life with Liza episode.
Hey Jane and Brad too!

The Mathews Family said...

I love when you post Jane's deep thoughts! I can picture her right here saying that exact thing! By the way, I think it's great that they taught Bruce mouth-to-mouth in the sibling class. (wink wink!)