What a fun week it has been. On Sunday Jane got a "magic trick" in her sunbeam class where she has a piece of paper with a face on it. She first shows us that the face is frowning and then she puts it behind her back and shows us it again and it's smiling- so magic!!! She also loves singing the shortened version of the song and hopefully the video will work.
Smiles Song from Eliza Damstedt on Vimeo
This morning we had a fun time picking strawberries.
One thing I have missed since moving out here is that I can't go over to my parents and just pick whatever fruits/vegetables are in season. Fortunately, there are lots of local "U-Pick" places where you can go and pick fresh produce. This morning we went to Greg's Farm and picked lots of strawberries. There were so many rows and rows of strawberries. Blueberries will be ready in mid-July. They are delicious!
Jane picking strawberries- she probably ate as many as she picked.
They also had a little place for farm animals and Bruce was so excited when he saw this baby cow. Jane likes the lambs and the big pig.
One thing I have missed since moving out here is that I can't go over to my parents and just pick whatever fruits/vegetables are in season. Fortunately, there are lots of local "U-Pick" places where you can go and pick fresh produce. This morning we went to Greg's Farm and picked lots of strawberries. There were so many rows and rows of strawberries. Blueberries will be ready in mid-July. They are delicious!
3 comments:
We had that same lesson in Nursery!! We gave all the kids "magic faces" too because "We are thankfully for feelings" I wish I could have some yummy strawberries too! Just send some with Jo later. Love you!
I don't think I've ever heard that song sung more beautifully! I've always thought that when it is being sung there should be more emphasis on the words, SMILE, WHILE, etc.
I love upstate New York for the fact that someone else does all the gardening, weeding, and watering for you and all you have to do is pay an exorbitant amount of money to pick them!
P.S. Bruce is looking so big. Could he have really changed that much in a month and a half? Crazy! We miss you guys.
-Jessica
Sweet song! I wish I could eat lots of strawberries like that.
Post a Comment