Friday, February 29, 2008

Our First Trip to the Carolina's

and we're back...
We're home again after spending a fabulous week in South Carolina/Charlotte!
The whole trip idea started when our daddy found out that he had to go to Utah for a week of meetings with very intelligent people and lots of fine dining. I found tickets for really cheap to Charlotte, so the kids and I went to see my brother, sister, and their 2 beautiful girls.
My brother met us at the airport and we all got loaded up and drove to their home. They live in a very beautiful place and were so kind to let us come invade them for a few days. I was actually feeling pretty sick from Saturday to Monday, and didn't have my voice for the rest of the time, but they took great care of me.
The kids LOVED every minute there!
This is pretty much what Bruce looked like the whole time
We played upstairs, downstairs, outside ("exploring the golfing")and everywhere in-between. One of the things I also thought was neat was the "Carolina Clay" the dirt there is RED!
On Tuesday we went into Charlotte to go to the Science Museum and we met my great friend Emily there with her 3 adorable children.
It was really fun to see her again, we still feel sorry for the adventure she had to take getting there, but we're glad she made it.
Looking at something- the Morey Eels were pretty crazy

Fairy Princess looking so pretty

Bubs hanging out before bedtime.
Fairy Princess hangout
Jane playing Kitchen
I just can't get enough of this cute girl
Crawling cousins- Kate absolutely adored everyone there.
On Thursday morning we left to come home. We were sure to buy a Panther's football for Bruce before we left. We got quite the looks in the airports (1 mom + 3 kids,) but the flights were short and the kids did great! (2 of them slept most of the whole way back.) A wonderful friend picked us up in our car and we came home and slept.
THANKS B,K,E&E for the great trip! We'll see you again soon!

7 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

We are glad you are back! I am so glad to hear the flight went well.

Berkley said...

You've already come and gone?! Sad! I was hoping we could see you guys. I was thinking you were going to be here next week and was waiting to hear from you. We'll have to catch up with you next time. I'm glad you had fun.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Looks like a fun little trip. Glad the kids were good for you during travel times. Fun pictures!

smithfieldman said...

I was getting worried that something had happened as your blog had not been updated in some time. Crazy Carolina.

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! Glad your are back and feeling better. Not fun to go somewhere and then get sick. Cute pictures!

Jam said...

Too fun!!! How fabulous that you got to see Emily! It's a small world. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jane in a few days. Esther misses her. The other day @ Macey's the checker reminded me of you. She had a happy laugh. It made Mirielle sad, but it made me happy to think of you!