Thursday, September 6, 2007

Jane's Preschool!

Hooray! Jane made it through her first week at preschool and loved it! The preschool she attends is the only accredited pre-school in Western New York. Here's the web site if you want to look: http://www.gse.buffalo.edu/DC/ECRC/index.html
She really likes her teachers. One is named Brandon and he's just starting his PhD in Early Childhood Ed at the University of Buffalo. Another is named Jessica who just moved up here from Florida and is also pursuing her PhD and then there are 5 students who are working on their masters degrees.
The classroom/playground are great. "They learn through play," but the activities are all very well structured. There are, at most, 20 kids in her class from 11 different countries, so it's a cool group to be in.

It only take us 15 minutes from door to door, but I don't really like having to get everyone out of the car, walk to her class, then put the 2 remaining kids back into the car, but I'll live. Somedays B will take her on his way to work and that will be nice. (oh, she goes Monday-Thursday for 3 hours.)
Here are some cute pictures:
Sooo excited to go to preschool!

Outside her new preschool.

Art work done during her 1st day
(Grandma Damstedt loves purple.)

We are so proud of our Jane! She is so smart and very creative. Both of the head teachers have already told me how wonderful she is and how she has such "a great imagination, she tells great stories." All the other student teachers have also told me how cute and awesome she is... we know!

8 comments:

ang said...

She's so cute! I can tell she is excited to go to preschool!!

smithfieldman said...

Congrats on the awesome drawing Jane! You are very good. Come visit me!

Brad said...

Tyler said, "Jane looks different and Bruce looks bigger! I miss you and love you very much". Congrats on your first day Jane!

Julia said...

So cute! I'm glad she loves it.

Melissa said...

Jane looks so cute! And I can't believe how much she looks like you!! You must be her real mother! I'm glad she survived her first week and I hope Brandon was nice to her and gave her an extra kick in the pants. Cause that's what my Brandon would have done. Just kidding!!! But really, so cute!!

Naoma said...

She is soooo cute. They grow up fast don't they! I love Bruces tux too! Such cute kids you have!

Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so "grown up"!! Such a doll. I bet she is just loving school, she is such a smart girl. Good job Jane.

The Mathews Family said...

You're kids have such fun expressions! We miss you guys!
-Jessica