Monday, March 3, 2008

It's 62 so we went to the Zoo!

Today was such a beautiful, warm day and we took advantage of it! A friend called and asked if we wanted to go to the zoo with them so we picked up Jane from preschool and went.
It was so fun! (Bruce was tired of posing for pictures.)
The kids didn't have to wear big coats, and baby Kate enjoyed herself a lot.
Kate and the giraffes
Silly Jane- note that the snow is slowly melting away...
The newest animals at the zoo are 2 baby tigers that were born in October.
They were very cute.
My sister made a bunch of bows/headbands and sent them back with B- thanks Jo!

6 comments:

JoandDoug said...

I love it! That bow looks really big. I didn't think I'd made them so big! Sorry! I love the jacket Kate's wearing too. That was one of my favorites. I tried to feel her velvety bottom through the computere but it just wasn't the same. Looks like a fun day!

Amber said...

Cute pictures. I love Jane's big smile! And 62...that is still cold in my book. I'm glad you got to get out. I need to get to the zoo. My kids have been but never with me.

smithfieldman said...

My weather widget has been lying to me lately. Stupid google weather. It said you were in an ice storm and that Ketchikan was sunny. Ha! What is Google trying to do? End the world.

Glad you got to go to the zoo. I like zoos. Were there any bonobos?

The Favorite said...

Jo- don't worry, the bows look great, maybe Kate just has a small head.

Andy- what is s bonobo?

Melissa said...

HOORAY for warm weather! I'm sure glad you guys got some. It has been so flip-floppy here that I hate it! It goes from 60-40 day after day. Will the weather make up its mind!?!? I love the bows although I'm bitter Jo didn't make any for me. Just kidding!

Naoma said...

I love the zoo.. but I love spring even more! o glad that you guys got out and enjoyed it. You guys are always out on fun adventures. Lucky kids to have suych a fun mom!